Keychain on Mac does a pretty good job of managing passwords but once you've tried 1Password you'll probably never look back.
Remembers passwords and even strengthens them
At first glance, you may be concerned by the potential security risks of having one program manage all your passwords, but the sheer number of users that rely on and praise 1Password illustrates that you have little to worry about.
If you're tired of making up passwords to access sites or worried that your passwords are not secure enough, 1Password really is invaluable. 1Password creates strong, unique passwords for you and remembers them all within your web browser.
1Password 4 features integration with 1Password Watchtower - a new free service that's constantly updated with potential threats and allows you to protect accounts and sensitive data. 1Password Watchtower automatically detects weak, duplicated, and old passwords in your password vault and will even automatically update them to keep you safe online.
Incredibly easy to setup
Using 1Password is very simple. On startup you have to configure one Master Password, which should be as tough as possible. After that, 1Password detects when you are visiting sites that require passwords and stores them automatically.
You can set up time locks so that your Mac is protected while you're away from it and even synchronize it with your iOS devices (Android syncing is planned in the near future).
An easy way to manage multiple passwords
1Password is a powerful and effective application to manage all your passwords in one place for both OS X and iOS.
- 1Password 4.4 adds integration with 1Password Watchtower, our new free service that helps you keep your accounts and sensitive information safe.
- When a website you use is found to be at risk, 1Password Watchtower will flag your Login as vulnerable. The Watchtower service is a component of our popular Security Audit feature, which shows you weak, duplicate, and old passwords found in your Vault. With the addition of Watchtower, you can now also see all vulnerable sites in one place, then begin updating your passwords to secure your accounts.
- When enabled, the 1Password Watchtower service regularly downloads a list of vulnerable domains. Your personal information is never transmitted.
- Other Improvements
- Improved conflict resolution during syncing
- Greek localization
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Full Changelog
- Added integration with 1Password Watchtower, our new free service that helps you keep your accounts and sensitive information safe.
- Greek localization.
- Improved conflict resolution during syncing.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
- More info can be found here.